Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hip Hop and Ballet. (short story...ISP Project) English.

Hip Hop and Ballet

FROM HIP HOP'S POINT OF VIEW.
  I met a girl named Ballet. We're complete opposites! She's more on the soft spoken side...very quiet and sensitive, while I'm loud and outgoing... energetic and full of life. I love to speak my mind and I'm no where near soft spoken, but that's okay, because Hip Hop and Ballet are two completely different ways of life, and of course two different people.
  Now, if you haven't understood yet, I am Hip Hop. I live in New York, that's where I originated, but I didn't know that one day in the inner city, I would come across something so soft and beautiful like Ballet. She just floated on in, toes pointed with a pink tutu and a silver ribbon wrapped around her hair...while myself was wearing a green tanktop, sweats, a hoodie, Adidas sneakers, and a Yankees cap. But us two becoming friends? Nobody knew that would happen. But we've been best friends for years now, it has to be 20+ ....when Ballet was just merely dancing on her toes, and I was doing the "running man" and "cabbage patch". But we've grown up, we've got such wide variety to our lives, such different races within us. So much passion, that it carries on to the rest of the world.
  And as we grew up together, we began to combine...into what we are today. There are dancers who use the both of us to their advantage, combine us to make us into something magnificent, something great. And you know, I'm proud to combine us together. Because of the dances we do, we share the same love for the music, the beats, the sound, the rythm. We are bestfriends in 2010. Sharing our love for ballet and dance, and combining them together, like they are best friends too. <3

Osanna Bolger and Caroline Sasser.




1 comment: